Monday, February 15, 2016

Easy Valentine's + Design Space Tutorial

I know I am a little late on posting this, but sometimes I get just so caught up on projects that there are not enough days in the week to show them all to you :) So today I am showing off some easy Valentine's Day cards that I made for the D-man to bring into Pre-K last Friday for their party. These were so easy to make and I will walk you through the steps one by one. 

So here are the invites: 

I made twenty of them using three designs and the Create A Critter Cartridge. I wanted it so that the kids could color in the images, almost like a digital stamp except with the cartridge images. See a closer view here. 


The first thing I did was cut down the base mat and dsp (designer series paper/pattern paper) down to a standard card size (4.25"x5.5") and adhered the two layers together using my Xyron machine. I then got to work in Cricut Design Space. After I had the image drawn out I used my Cricut to "write" the image onto some white card stock. This is very similar to cutting the image out except you add your pen into the pen holder and the image is drawn out (see below for tutorial.) I then took some twine and wrapped up a couple of crayons around the bottom and there you have it. 

So for the tutorial. 


Ok so to do this you simply insert the image into your design space canvas by clicking "insert image" and typing in any image that you own. I found that this works best with cartridge images and not so well with uploaded images. 

I then clicked on the image and when the dialog box opens up I start going to work under the layers tab. The dialog box is that shaded out box on the right under the word first. The very first thing you need do is to make sure that all of the layers of your images are shown. This means that all of the eye balls look clean like on my screen shot. If a layer is not shown you will see a line going through that eyeball and you will need to click on it. In this example all of my images are shown..in my video below I will show you how to click on the eye to show all layers if by chance one of your layers happens to be hiding. This step is so simple and easy but if you get lost don't hesitate to let me know. 

Next you  click on the little scissors image next to each layer. See it there in that little circle. When you do this another dialog box will open and across the top you will see 4 different options including cut, print, and write, click on the pen or the writing icon and the small scissor icon will change to a pen icon. You will also see all of the color leave your image. 

This is also the box where you can play around with marker color.. I typically leave mine on black since the color comes from the pen/marker you put in your machine not what color you mark on this screen (this screen is just for preview). And there you have it you are now all ready to write out your outline image or your digital stamp :) 

Here is my jazzy video walking you through the steps. 


Again let me know if you have any questions or need any help! Thanks for stopping by today. 

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment