Monday, January 25, 2016

ScrapMuch Challenge: Boy & Dog Layout

If you follow my blog at all then you know that recently my beautiful family and I welcomed our newest addition, my little moose man, who happens to be our second child and who also happened to come 5 years after our first. We all, including D-man, welcome moose man into our home with so much love (and no jealousy..surprisingly) however 5 years is a lot longer than we ever wanted in between our children..but hey life happens and so in between the two boys we ended up getting a dog named Pike, who quickly became D-man's best friend and partner in crime. So I tell you this somewhat long story because my page today is all about the love (and mischief) that my two oldest boys create. 


I scrapbook to cherish and store the memories of today for tomorrow..one day my loud and crazy house will be quiet again and I will only have my scrapbook to look back on so it's very important that I document all of the small details as well as the big ones. With this page my goal was to capture the growth of these two. We all know children, and puppies, grow fast but ever since Moose man came along it seems like D-man is growing even fast, bigger, and stronger than ever before. 

Just to show you how big they have both got.this photo was from last winter...see how much smaller Pike was...he is now a horse!! 


The inspiration for my layout came from the ScrapMuch Sketch for this week which you can find here. This sketch is another wonderful sketch brought to you by Laura. I always have a blast playing along with these sketches. Here is what this weeks sketch looks like. 

 

For my sketch I used the paper and some accessories from Carta Bella's "Boy Oh Boy" Pack. I am in love with this paper pack and originally purchased it because D-man is having a Mario Bros. Birthday party this year and the paper has a lot of cool Nintendo themed paper.. but then I quickly fell in love with the variety of paper and decided to use it for much more than just his birthday. 

I also used accessories from the Jillibean Soup "Cool As A Cucumber" die cut pack. This is another really cute paper and accessory line which brings out a lot of green, grey, and yellow colors. Then finally the journal and date cards are from October Afternoon "Snapshots" and "All Boy" pack. 

Thanks for stopping by today. Remember you have all month to play along with any of the challenges over at ScrapMuch so make sure to come on over and join us! 

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg 

*I am also entering this layout into the Studio Challenges Background paper challenge. *
Post a Comment