Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Merry Everything Holiday Card

Good Morning! We are getting right down to the nitty gritty this holiday season and since there is still no snow here in Upstate it doesn't feel much like winter or Christmas, oh well I suppose soon enough I will be complaining about all of the snow we have! 

Today I have a fun Merry Everything card which was made using the Christmas Presents Bear from Marjorie Ann Designs


This is a really fun file to play around with and came out really well done. Some of my secrets to working with cut files is to shade all of the edges prior to assembling. With this bear design I went around all of the bear pieces with a finger dauber and some brown ink. This gives the image a shadow or 3-D look which makes it pop a little bit more. I also used to have such a tough time with the eye balls but I now go in and work the white gel pen to add some interest to the eyes. Lastly, I try to keep the image in the solid colors and then use the pattern paper for adding additional interest without loosing the main focal. 

Now, please note that I am not a professional die cutter assembler or anything, these are just some tricks that I have worked for me in the past. I would love to hear any other tips or tricks that you have for using die cuts so if you have some great ones don't hesitate to comment below. 

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed this project and I hope you are having a wonderful holiday season! 

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment