Thursday, December 3, 2015

Holiday Card Series Mimic Day 2

Hello and welcome to another lovely day here as we count down the days until Christmas!! It's really not that far away!! 

For today's post I was completely inspired by Kristina Werner and her Holiday Card Series. She always does such a fantastic job with her cards in general and with the holiday cards she keeps it fun and refreshing! If you have not been watching this year then you are totally missing out. 

So, anyway here is the card that I made. It was another set of really easy cards where with the help of my Cricut I had a batch made in no time flat! 


I cut out the holly as well as the label for the "Happy Holidays" sentiment using my Cricut Explore machine. I then decided to sponge ink the holly to give it more of a shaded effect. The gold around the sentiment is Tim Holtz Distress Stain in "bronze" so you can just imagine how shiny and crisp that actually looks. I then took a gold pigment ink and stamped "Happy Holidays" using an old wooden sentiment stamp. Oh yes, and finally I "stitched" around the outer edge using my White Gel Ink pen and added some glitter gems because I love bling. 


Now Kristina's cards were created using watercolor which is such an amazing technique if you do not have any plaid paper, but since I am a plaid buff I had some plaid paper on hand and decided to take the easy way out. I was inspired however when she was making those thin gold lines and so I decided to simply add some gold foil pen marks in the darker green areas of my patterned paper using my Cricut Bronze Marker. 

Here is Kristina's wonderful video. 


Thanks for stopping in today to check out my holiday card and as an added bonus check out this month's amazing D-Size stamp of the month!! I totally can't wait to get my hands on this one! 


http://jenileigh.ctmh.com/retail/product.aspx?sku=S1512
Remember with any purchase of $50 or more (even our Cyber 25% off sale this week) you can pick up this lovely set of 10 for only $5.00!! Talk about savings! 

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg 
  
Post a Comment