Thursday, December 10, 2015

Creative Knockouts Snowy Card Challenge

This week over at Creative Knockouts we have a really fun "Winter Wonderland" theme to play along with and this "It's Snowing" image from, our sponsor, All Dressed Up was just perfect.  


For this card I used the White Pines Paper Pack from CTMH along with some white pearls, lace, and that adorable mitten (all from my stash.) I decided to try a different approach on coloring the image and created a color palette using CTMH watercolor pencils and then grabbed up the color using a damp paint brush and applied it that way. The outcome was more of a watercolor effect, than simply shading the color pencils with a wet blender pen, but it was also really fun! I'm not sure which one I prefer...have I ever mentioned that I simply like to color with any medium. 

Here's a side view so you can see how the inside was also decorated. 


Make sure to head on over to Creative Knockouts this week and play along with our Winter Wonderland project. One lucky crafter will be walking away with 2 free digi stamps from All Dressed Up!! 

https://www.etsy.com/shop/alldressedupstamps

Thanks for stopping by today! 


 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg

Post a Comment