Friday, November 20, 2015

ScrapMuch? Sketch Challenge: Pedal to the Metal Layout

Over the summer one of my son's favorite activities was riding around on his new bike, which btw quickly turned into jumping wooden scrap ramps (as is the natural path with any 4-year old boy!) He would get such a kick out of taking his bike just as fast as he could and jumping over our small DIY ramp and it was so much fun for us all to watch. 

When this week's sketch came out for ScrapMuch I knew I needed to get these photos laid out and put into the book and this was the perfect sketch for it. 


I kept the journal card blank for now and will head back and type a little story onto it before I slide the page into the album. Looking back on it I also should have replaced the buttons with some metal accessories so naturally I went back through and gave that a try. 


Here is a close of those metal studs which I simply swapped out the buttons for to give it both more of a masculine feel and also to pull out that "Pedal to the Medal" title. 


And as always here is a photo of that inspirational sketch. I love being part of this design team because Laura always does an awesome job with the sketches and the DT is very eclectic and inspirational.



Thanks for stopping by today. Remember you have all month to play along with any of the challenges over at ScrapMuch so come on over and play along.


 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment