Thursday, October 15, 2015

Creative Knockouts Metal Challenge

This week the theme over at Creative Knockouts is Metal Mode (use metal of some sort on your card-charm, metal foil, etc) and at first I was all over this challenge, especially since my DH purchased a small 6x6 pad of metal paper a while ago and I have not played around with it much. 

Well after brainstorming a while I quickly realized that the reason I have not played with this paper pad is simply because metal takes me a little out of my normal comfort zone...so I dug a little bit deeper and came up with this project. 


The sponsor for this week's challenge is Kenny K Downloads which is a fabulous digital store offering a wide variety of images, including the wonderful pre-colored Elf Queen featured on my project. The pre-colored image is another first for me, since I typically enjoy coloring my own images, however this image was so beautiful I wanted to use the completed colored file... and then my printer ran out of ink...so needless to say the image is still beautiful but not pre-colored like it would be if you purchased it from the store. 

See... gorgeous isn't she. 
preview

Well I can't complaint too much because I enjoy the pink/black color combination and I was able to use some of that gorgeous metal paper. Overall I am pleased with the way this card came out and it simply shows that no matter what life throws at you just keep chugging along :) 

Make sure to head on over to Creative Knockouts at some point this week and grab some more inspiration and perhaps even enter your metal mode project for your chance to win 3 free digi's. 

Thanks and Happy Craftin'!

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment