Thursday, October 29, 2015

Creative Knockouts Fall Fun Card

Today is Thursday which means that I have a wonderful Creative Knockouts Challenge for you! This week we are celebrating Halloween and for the challenge I decided to grab a background digi from Inky Impressions and pull out the watercolor paints and get right to work. 


This was my first time using a background digi and it was a little bit of a challenge for me. I came across the Pumpkin Fence Background and so many different ideas came to my mind, but then of course when I sat down to make the card (days later) I was a little lost on where to start. 

Again the card is painted using CTMH watercolor paints, which I LOVE using, and which I think gives the image almost a rustic look to it. I was then going to add some cute die cuts to the card but I did not want to loose that image so I decided to keep it pretty basic. I added some sequins and twine to continue with the fall/rustic feel and then added two little stamped pumpkins just because they were adorable. 

The official name of the challenge theme is Challenge: Halloween Time (if you do not celebrate Halloween, then feel free to use a purple/black/orange color combo). And as you can see by the description Kelly is pretty lenient with your projects. The winner of this challenge will receive 3 free digi's from Inky Impressions so make sure to head on over there this week and play along. 

  http://www.inkyimpressionsrubberstamps.com/

Thanks for checking out my project and I hope you were inspired. 

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg

Post a Comment