Tuesday, September 22, 2015

BTF Watercolor Challenge

Watercolor, Watercolor, Watercolor.. such a fun technique that is so new and so crazy to use (at least to me.) This week over at BTF Challenges we are challenging you to use watercolor on your projects and I am so excited and cannot wait to see the projects you guys come up with. 



I have only used this technique a couple of times (here and here) and I find it's very fun and fascinating..but it can be a little tricky at times. So for this week's challenge I pulled out a few sheets of watercolor paper and got right to work. Let me tell you I must have made a half of dozen cards before settling on these two as the ones I would like to keep. 


Again with watercoloring you never know how your project is going to turn out and while I am not head over heals for either of these I still think they came out pretty good. 

With the one on the right I was practicing the rainbow technique and got a little carried away but I love how adding the silver shimmer trim, paired with the La Vie En Rose paper, and the splattering (first time using that technique) all seemed to work together very well. 

On the card on the right I decided to try a different technique and embossed the flower stamp prior to watercoloring and boy this gave me a whole new watercolor technique to work with. I also used the La Vie En Rose paper on this card. 

The sentiment on both of the cards came from the Wavy Blooms Stamp set

Thanks for stopping by today to check out my project. Remember you have one week to enter your projects into our BTF challenges. Make sure to head on over to CTMH and check out all of the fun watercoloring supplies we now offer. 

Happy Craftin' 

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment