Monday, July 6, 2015

Playing with Embellishments

Over the weekend I had a chance to throw together some cards using some extra odds and ends that I have had on hand forever.

The first card was made using the Jackson paper, our extra thick glacier twine, our beautiful new sequins, and a couple of embellishments from my stash. In fact those flowers are placed on a transparency and this was my first time using an embellishment like that. I really enjoyed the ease that it provided and how you could still see the paper behind them, almost like they were stamped.


A while ago, like years, I purchased some really brightly colored card bases and I quickly became bored with them and stuck them deep in my stash. Well I pulled those back out, just to use them up, and these next two cards came from them. 


Everything on the above card was from my stash and things that I just had no idea what to do with. Almost the same with the below card except I used a couple of our lovely CTMH items to finish them off. 


On the left card I used our Wavy Blooms stamp set which features wonderful flowers in two different sizes. I also used our flourish set which you can purchase in black. 

For the smaller note card I sponged on some topiary ink and embossed our Dizzy Circles stamp and sentiment with our embossing powder. Then I finished up with our Coral Reef Sequins. 

I like to play around sometimes with items that I have been intimidated to use or perhaps items that I just don't know what to do with, it's actually the same with new techniques, and these cards are a simple reflection of that so I hope you enjoyed them.

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment