Monday, July 27, 2015

Embossed Happy Birthday Card

I came across the idea for today's card on Pinterest and I feel right in love with it and had to give it a try with my own style and flair added. The card is a 5x7 heat embossed card that has some sponged ink over the top to add a wonderful and unique look to the card. 


I used the Blossom Cardmaking workshop stamp for those wonderful dandelion flowers. These workshop kits are such an amazing deal and you can use the wondeful D-size stamps again and again for many projects. 


So, I simply heat embossed that specific stamp with some VersaMark Ink and some white embossing powder, then of course I heat set it. After that was done and dried I took a sponge and inked the Canary and Cranberry Inks creating that beautiful background. If you do not have a sponge I highly recommend that you look into picking up our discounted texture tools for only $7!! These tools are simply amazing and you can use them to obtain so many different techniques. 

To finish up this card I decided to stamp a "Happy Birthday" sentiment in slate ink down on the bottom right. I used out Finding the Words stamp set for this sentiment and again I am in love with this stamp set, it's so very versatile and has over 20 different sentiments on it. If you are taking advantage of our Jump on it July deal then I highly recommend adding this set to your purchase. 


My color inspiration came from the Color My Heart Color Dare for this week. This challenge runs from Friday to Thursday so you still have some time to head on over and play along. 


Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you were inspired to create something beautiful. Remember I do have a Mystery Open house going on right now so if you would like to pick up some wonderful CTMH merchandise before it's gone head on over and place your order through my Aug. Open House Link. 


 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment