Thursday, July 23, 2015

Creative Knockouts: Pieced Air Ballon

Our challenge this week over at Creative Knockouts is to paper piece a project together, which simply means to print/cut out an image and then layer it onto paper. Sometimes you can get pretty crafty with this and lay the cut out pieces actually into the card and other times you simply stamp and image multiple times, each with a different color ink, then you cut it out and piece it back together. The joy of this technique is that it gives you the ability to transform your stamps and papers into something magnificent.

So, the first thing that came to my mind was to use a digital stamp, hand colored, and lay it into my card front. I chose to use a digital stamp because that's what we specialize in here at Creative Knockouts! and because I really am in love with my CTMH watercolor pencils.

Here is what I came up with.


I found a digital hot air balloon stamp at Bird's Cards and I used the print and cut feature on the Cricut Explore to get it all ready to be colored. From CTMH I used the Seaside paper pack and I used the watercolor pencils, plus all of my basics. 

All of die cuts are sliced out of my top front card layer, then also cut out using colored cardstock. I decided to layer the polka-dot dual side paper not only on the inside but also slightly peeking out of the card front. Hot air balloons remind me of the ocean for some reason and I thought this paper was perfect to show that.

Paper piecing is very simple and really easy to achieve so go ahead give it a try and then come on over to Creative Knockout and play along with our challenge. 

Our sponsor this week: 

Challenge: Paper Piecing
Sponsor: Craft Classes Online-
Prize: A seat in one of their classes up to $25


 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment