Monday, June 29, 2015

Your time to Shine

So since July is our last month for both the Seasonal Expression 2 book as well as our Annual Idea Book I have decided to take another look through them to gain some much needed last month inspiration.

I love how our CTMH Idea Books double as inspiration as well as a catalog where you can order the newest products. If you have never looked through our Idea Book let me know and I will mail one out to you, they are packed full of fun inspiration, tips, and recipes! It's wonderful! In fact I keep my Idea Books just for that purpose, sometimes it's awesome to look back through them when you are in a small rut and need some help starting a new project.

So digging through the Seasonal Expression 2 book I came across this wonderful design, on page 12, which happens to be right where this stamp set is featured! I loved this idea where you take a large flower stamp and you color them in with our Alcohol Markers.  I even took this a step further and sprayed my misting pen on them for an additional water color feel to the color. It's a little hard to see in the photo but this is also a great way to blend the colors together. The stamp set I chose to use is a wonderful new one called Wavy Blooms and is a set of 7, 4 flowers and 3 sentiments.



In the Idea Book this concept is on a mini album, which is absolutely gorgeous! I just took the middle  page design concept and stuck it onto a card, switching it up to make sure to add my own design elements and style into it.

Part of the idea for this card came from the Summer School Series which is going on over at the MFT blog this week. During this series the design team is teaching reminding us some basic design rules, like using the Rule of Thirds (you can see my style below.)



After I had the front nicely lined up and where I wanted everything (including straightening that butterfly) I then carried a small amount of the design onto the inside of the card, just to provide a finishing touch. 



Thanks for stopping by today and taking a peak at my creation. I hope you were inspired and remember let me know if you would like me to send your out one of our fabulous Idea Books! Happy Crafting!

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg 

 
Post a Comment