Friday, June 5, 2015

Hello Foxy Jackson Card

Happy Friday!! We made it through another week and man am I loving these summer weekends!! This weekend we are venturing out to a new farmer's market to stop by and see Anna and Elsa! Yes, months later Frozen is still a big thing in my house... 

Today in the Between the Folds Swap Group we are celebrating the men in our lives and making some masculine cards. I figured since Father's Day is right around the corner why not challenge these crafters by making some masculine cards. Now I say challenge because a lot of times we make cards that have flowers and beautiful colors on them so often it is a challenge to make a more neutral toned card. I told the ladies of the group that these cards could have a male sentiment (like "Happy Father's Day"), they could contain some more masculine colors, or they could simply have a masculine feel in whatever way you could achieve that. This is an open group and we are pretty hands off when it comes to guidelines. 

So as I set out to make my masculine card, I automatically jumped to the Jackson paper pack. This paper pack can be very masculine and I love it. 


The "hello" layer is actually a card from the Jackson PML kit, which is a steal at only $8.95. I then layered this onto the backside of the jackson paper to add some more interest. I also used some triangle studs to accessorize without adding too much bling, along with some Glacier Twine. The button came from my stash and is a perfect glacier color. That cute little fox is a piece I cut out from the Create A Critter Cartridge, which is one of my favorites and I added him just as a focal point. I also layered the Jackson Paper onto the inside of the card to bring more interest to the entire card. 

This card was really easy to put together and I am so excited about the outcome.  

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope I inspired you to make something beautiful. Feel free to come join us at the Between the Folds group on facebook if you are interested in swapping cards or scrapbooks with a fabulous group of ladies. 

Have a fun & safe weekend and I hope to see you back here on next week! 

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg 
 
Post a Comment