Thursday, June 25, 2015

Creative Knockouts: Strawberry Fields Forever

Welcome back to another Creative Knockouts Challenge! For this week's challenge our sponsor is Fred She Said Designs who is generously giving away a $10 gift certificate to the winner! The challenge for this week is to use buttons on your card. 


I decided to use Fred She Said's Emma in the Strawberry Patch because I think that this file pairs lovely with my left over Taste of Summer Paper. 


Here's a closer view of that image along with the inside of the card. For the image I colored it in using my CTMH watercolor pencils. I think that these pencils gave the image a very pretty and very subtle look. These pencils are so much fun and so affordable. For one low price you get 2 sets of 12, you get both the primary colors and the secondary colors which is just spectacular!! 

I printed the image onto watercolor paper so that way it would blend easier using my blending pen. When coloring I often take a darker color and go around the edges and then I use a lighter color to fill the image in. After I am done with both colors I simply blend in between them with a blending pen which helps me even everything all out. (This is another reason why it's great to get both sets of pencils with the CTMH set.) 











Thanks for stopping by today and make sure to head on over to Creative Knockouts and link up your creation. 

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg 

 
Post a Comment