Thursday, April 2, 2015

Creative Knockouts Challenge & Stitchy Bear Digi Birthday Card


Welcome to another Thursday challenge here at JeniLeigh Designs, where I have teamed up with our fabulous Creative Knockouts Design Team to bring you a Die Cut/Punch challenge! The winner of this challenge will receive a $10.00 gift card to Stitchy Bear Outlet where they offer a number of digital files ranging from sentiments and stamps to paper packs so make sure to head on over and check out both the challenge and the sponsors website.


For today I chose a really cute and funny picture and made it into a birthday card.  I really loved all of the colors on that background paper and used that for much of my inspiration. I thought that the Birthday Girl image that Stitchy Bear offered was really fun and playful and wanted my card to carry that feel throughout.


Here is a closer view of that lovely image. 

I bought some new Tombow Markers over the weekend and I was playing around with shading and just getting used to the different colors. The Tombow's are a water based dual tipped pen so it is really fun to play with the different effects you can create, like dual color shading and of course the watercolor look. You will see some more playful coloring coming from me in the near future. 

Thanks so much for stopping by and don't forget to enter your project into the challenge for your chance to win.


 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment