Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Just for you Card (New Technique)

 Welcome back to another exciting edition here at JeniLeigh Designs. Today I have a really fun card for you with a new-ish technique that takes me back to my days of high-school art class.


For this card there are a couple of different things going on. The first is that crazy fun wavy background which was so easy to create and adds such a fun layer to the card. To create this background I simply picked out four coordinating colors (tan, chocolate, sky blue, and white) and freely cut a wave like pattern. A couple things I liked about this technique are that I did not have to pay attention to a ton of detail and that I could use all of my scraps.  

After I had that background cut and glued together I decided to add some vellum to "mellow" out the colors. I am not sure if the swirly pattern mellowed out that background or just added to the fun, but I love the outcome. 

I then stamped and heat embossed the sentiment. I love the look of heat embossing on vellum and I figured I would give it a try. Note, the vellum allows the ink to melt very quickly so heat embossing does not take as long as it normally does. 



I also decided to take some white stitching and thread around the outside of the vellum. This does two things, it adds a great look to the card and it ensure the vellum will stay attached without the messy look of glue. A lot of times I run into trouble with adhering vellum because you can see most adhesives right through the paper, this is my stylish solution to that problem.  I then took some 3-D star accessories and placed them on the front. 

I hope you enjoyed my card today and were inspired. Thanks for stopping by. 

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment