These were very easy cards to make since I was only using three designs. I made two cards of each design and in no time I had six cards ready to go. You can see the three different designs in the pictures.
I cut all of the flowers and stems out using the Cricut (Flower Shoppe Catridge) however they could have easily been drawn out by hand and fussy cut. I used four different size flowers ranging from 1.5" to .75" and layered most of them.
The hardest part about the whole project where inking and curling all of those flowers in order to achieve that beautiful "real" flower look. After I had all of the flowers cut out I took some red ink and dabbed around the edges and then I took my trusty 3-piece clay tool set and worked my magic. I used the ball ended tool to work and loosen the paper fibers and then I used the blunt pointed tool to curl in each petal. I then layered most of them and added a sequin to the center. It's a lot of tedious work, but it's well worth it.
Another easy added touch is to add designer paper to the outside flap of the envelope. This is a great technique, which takes very little effort, and makes the whole project come together so well.
I hope you enjoyed the cards today. Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you back here Monday for some superhero fun!