Thursday, March 12, 2015

Creative Knockouts - Stitching Challenge with Inky Impressions

Welcome to another Thursday! Which happens to be challenge day over at Creative Knockouts! This week we have another fabulous sponsor, Inky Impressions, who is offering the winner a $10 gift card. If you have not checked out Inky Impressions yet make sure you head on over there. Inky Impressions offers a great selection of digital stamps, crafting embellishments, and even challenges, so I promise there is something for everyone! 

Prize is a $10 GC

Now onto the challenge theme this week, which happens to be In Stitches, so simply feature real or faux stitching on your card. I love to see stitching on cards and I think it adds such a great texture and look - whether drawn in or actually stitched- so I was all about this challenge. 

For my card I used the adorable Umbrella Lili and Dance in the Rain Sentiment from Inky Impressions - again I love their stamps and fell right in love with these ones. This card was so much fun to make for me and is perfect because we hit a week of 40 degree weather here in Upstate NY so all the snow is melting and we are getting ready for the much needed rain. 


I was playing around with my stitching guide and found this half circle template which is what I used on Umbrella Lili then to give it a little more stitching I also decided to stitch the top of my glitter flag. The sentiment says "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to Dance in the Rain" and I really fell in love with it because it's so true! I decided to put the sentiment up on  3-D foam so it would stand out a little bit against those busy backgrounds. 




Make sure to head on over to Creative Knockouts and check out all of the designs from our fabulous design team and to enter your project for a chance to win that $10 Inky Impressions gift card. 

Thanks for stopping in! 

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment