Thursday, March 5, 2015

Creative Knockouts- Spring Elves Card

Welcome to another Thursday Challenge over at Creative Knockouts, where this week's challenge is Borders. As is always the case at Creative Knockouts we are offering one lucky winner a great prize and this week it happens to be a $15.00 gift card to The Paper Shelter!! This week's challenge, is of course, sponsored by The Paper Shelter which is an excellent site offering digital stamps, papers, and more! I always have such a tough time limiting my spending over there because all of their stamps are spectacular, so make sure to head on over there and check out their wonderful selection. Oh, and by the way, they also have a wonderful sale section with some great Spring stamps!


Now for my card this week I decided to use the wonderful Spring Elves stamp, which I am so in love with. This stamp is perfect for the upcoming Spring season and I love how adorable those elves are.


Check out those elves!! Don't you just love them. I can't get over it. To follow the challenge I decided to create a stitched border around the whole card. I think this gave it more of a picture look and I did not want to add too much more to the focal. I also popped up the layers of grassy hill to give the scene some more dimension. I thought this was a great little trick since the elves are walking along. 




This picture shows you a closer look at those elves and all of the detail included in these stamps! The stamp comes with those butterflies, the two elves, the wheelbarrow with flowers, and that cute little garden pack. Also catch how the little elf is dropping his tools because he is playing with the butterflies -  completely adorable! 

So there you have it, an easy bordered themed card! Thanks for stopping by and checking out  my project today. Don't forget to head on over to The Paper Shelter to check out their designs, pick your favorite ones, and then head on over to Creative Knockouts for your chance to win that $15.00 gift card. Happy Crafting! 

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment