Friday, February 13, 2015

Waterfall Card Tutorial

I have been really crazy about these waterfall cards lately and I wanted to show you one. I'm not sure if the obsession comes from the fact that they are so easy to make or from the fact that they are so much fun to play with and my preschooler simply wont put them down.




These are really easy cards to make starting with your basic A2 card base (4.25x5.5). I will talk a little bit about that middle strip because that's where all the magic happens. The whole yellow vertical strip is cut to 2"x9" and then it is scored horizontally at 2", 2.75", 3.5", and 4.25". These score marks will not only be your guideline but will also help the card become kinetic.

For the images on the front I stamped onto white cardstock which measures 1.75"x1.75" and then matted these onto yellow cardstock which measures 2"x2". I then took all four of these little squares and I placed adhesive (double sided tape is the best) across the top then I stuck them onto each score line. When you fold the 2"x9" strip over make sure the back is longer than the front so you can pull and that you glue the front down to that horizontal 1"x4.25" strip. I also put brads in that horizontal strip just to provide extra support.
This is what your card should look like when lying flat. 


So there you have it. A nice and easy waterfall card to add a little more fun to your life.

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment