Friday, February 20, 2015

Spring Flower Card

You can tell when New Yorker's hit that mid-February point where everyone is done with the negative temperatures and the snow and we are loosing patience on waiting for Spring to arrive. If you don't know, it's when everyone gets a little antsy and starts making a ton of Spring and flower cards ;)  and my card for you today proves that.

Today I have a wonderful Spring card to share with you that would be great for a Everyday occasion or to simply warm someone up.

I used a yellow card base and I carefully (and with skill) cut out those daisy's using my Cricut Explore. I then decided to take it a step further and place small little gems into the center to make them really pop. To add my finishing touches I tied some blue and white twine around the card front and tied a button onto the top.



I love this design and how it keeps to a clean and simple feel, but is still elegant. I wanted to keep the colors gender neutral because my mind goes crazy when I see too many pink and purple flowers so I went with that beautiful sunshine yellow (remember I said negative temperatures..so I am really hoping for warm sun soon.) I then decided on blue based on the twine colors which I had available. I then inked my sentiment on white card stock and adhered it to the inside. To give the inside more appeal I inked slightly around the edges of my sentiment block.

Thanks for stopping by today. Have a safe and wonderful weekend.

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment