Thursday, February 26, 2015

Fusion Challenge Get Well Card

Welcome back! Over this past weekend we had my son's 4th birthday party and it feels like I have been playing catch up all week. For today's card I got my inspiration from the Fusion Card Challenge this week, but I unfortunately was too slow at getting the card photographed and ready for submission that the end date has come and gone. Never the less Fusion is a great challenge blog and I am going to showcase my card to you guys anyway.

I like the fusion challenge blog because you have options! Either the picture, the sketch, or both if you really need some inspiration or cannot decide which you like better. While this sketch looked like a lot of fun to play with, I am a huge fan of those colors on the left and decided to go with the photo. 
 

My inspiration came from that beautiful Tiffany blue wallpaper with the really cool design. I am not sure if it's because we recently bought an older house (with a ton of wallpaper) or if it was the simple beauty but that's what pulled my attention so I ran with it. On my card front I used a background cut in Design Space and tried to mimic that wallpaper feel. I adored the colors in the photo so instead of taking that beautiful blue I kept with the brown theme. 


I pulled that same color scheme to the inside of the card and have had a lot of requests for get well cards so I decided to add a simple sentiment to the inside. The patterned paper and the sentiment both come from a CTMH paper pack from last spring that I had laying around. The rest of the papers are from my stash.

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope to see you back here tomorrow for some more inspiration. 

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment