Thursday, February 12, 2015

Creative Knockouts - Fred She Said Digital

Thanks for stopping back in and welcome to my first Creative Knockouts Design Team challenge post. First things first, a little about Creative Knockouts which is a challenge blog which posts every Thursday. The challenges are anything goes (scrapbook, altered item, card, ect...) as long as you follow the theme and also create a new project. This is also a cool blog because the winner gets a prize!! I'm not too sure about all of you, but I always love getting freebies.

Moving right along to this week where the theme is Floral Delight. This simply means that your projects must have flowers somewhere on them. You're lucky because this week also has a great sponsor, Fred She Said Designs, which not only offers stamps but also offers cutting files (including free ones) so please make sure to stop on over and take a peek at what they offer.

Ok, now onto my card. Again I am still working on getting my coloring skills up to par but I believe I am doing a lot better, so here it is.


For this card I used the Growing Together  Digi from Fred She Said and I simply love it. I picked this stamp because it is very versatile and the pieces can be easily joined together or they can make some wonderful designs standing alone. 

Technique alert!! I love this inked sky technique and it is so easy and great for the upcoming Spring season. For the blue sky I used a piece of scrap paper with scalloped edges and I simply inked the outline with a sponge dauber. A little tip when doing this is to move your dauber up and down around the outside of the stencil (or scrap paper turned into stencil.) I also make sure to always start with my dauber on the scrap paper because the first placement will always leave the darkest smudge. 

So there you have it. Please make sure to stop over to Fred She Said and take a look at their fabulous designs and also stop by Creative Knockouts to see what the other design team members have created and of course to link up your floral creation. 

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment