Thursday, January 22, 2015

Love You Beary Much Card

I have never really been one who gets all giddy over Valentine's Day ( I guess I am just not a romantic) or that was at least until I entered the card making world and decided to take a piece of this holiday on the other end. I slowly started making these cutesy, full of too much pink, red, and heart cards because they were just all around me and I could not resist. Now, a week later, I am ashamed to say that I am addicted to them!!! I love how easy they are to make and the outcome is just so damn cutesy that I can't help myself. :)

Today's card is no different, it's red and full of love, but I simply adore the saying and the bear so I had to share.


I am not that into coloring (yet that is) and think that most stamps are adorable with just the ink and background paper so I did not color this one in. All of the supplies came from my stash and I used the Mojo Monday sketch and the H2H birthday color challenge (Oct. = sunset) for the inspiration.

The papers are layered with a 1/4" difference between them and the accessories include that rose flower and some red twine wrapped under the sentiment. The twine could have gone above the sentiment which would have allowed it to pop a little more, but I was backwards and laid the twine prior to the sentiment (either way it works.) The bear was stamped using a masking technique where I took an equal sized circle and stamped through it onto the card stock. This technique helps to give your stamps a preferred shape, since most stamps are square and sometimes you just need a circle to match those lovely flowers.

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed and were inspired by my work.

Make sure to stop into Heart to Heart (H2H) for the birthday challenge - I used CTMH Cranberry for my ink and my base layer and Mojo Monday for excellent sketch ideas, this was sketch #381.  

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment