Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Love & Honor Wedding Card

There was a statistic which I read once that broke down the amount of cards purchased per holiday.  with of course Christmas and Birthdays being high on the list and holidays like Thanksgiving and St. Patrick's Day being low on the list. Well, reaching about mid-way on that list sits the plainly personal wedding theme.  Weddings to me are a completely intimate and wonderful (don't get me wrong.. I love free drinks!)  yet the color schemes associated with wedding cards always seems to be too subtle and neutral leaving me a little lost on where to show all my excitement.

 
So why challenge myself? Well, we have a friend who is getting married on New Year's (How fun!!) and unfortunately they live in another state and we just became house poor.. so long story short we will be mailing them their present and that requires a lovely card to accompany it. So, off I set to make a card that was beautiful and had a lot of textures and eye candy but still kept to that neutral color scheme.  

 
The inside sentiment is a very light Martha Stewart gold pigment ink and the sentiment says something along the lines of "Congratulations on your special day!" I also layered on some cream cardstock so that we could write a personal message to the newlyweds. I wanted to add an elegant spot to add a gift card or some cash so I added that pocket and attached some gems and ribbon to make it look more formal.
 
One thing looking back would be to make the "gift card/money holder a little wider (maybe 2.75 or 3" instead of 2"). But no worries here because we will fold up a nice green bill to put in there ;).. no need to worry about picking out the perfect gift card.
 

Taking a look closer at the front you can see that the third layer has the coordinating ribbon wrapped around it, so I decided to use foam tape to "pop" it up leaving room for the ribbon to sit comfortably. I also used a dark grey paper instead of typical black and white theme. Again, I have a thing where I really love color. I used black glitter paper around the sentiment as well as the inside pocket to add to the touch of elegance that every brides deserve. Oh yeah, the white largest layer is indeed embossed again adding to the card without putting a ton of color on it.

Thanks for stopping by today I hope you were inspired. As always feel free to share you wedding cards and projects with us here and make sure to take a peak at my new sale going on here where if you order a card you get two gift tags for free! You really can't beat that and the gift tags can include bag tags, tags for homemade goodies, gift card holders, almost endless options.

(Psssstt.. and because you are loyal readers while this promotion is active all my cards, custom or pre-made, are on sale!.. making it no time like the present to get all of those holiday card orders, decor, invites, and gifts in.)  Have a fabulous day and I hope you join me tomorrow for my Pause, Dream, Enjoy project of the week.

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment