Thursday, October 9, 2014

Merry & Bright Challenges

Today I have 3 challenges and 2 cards to share with you. The inspiration for these cards came from some challenges and the fact that I am in severe need for more Christmas cards.

 
I am very pleased with the way these came out. I love how clean and simple that white one is and I'm not going to lie I was a little afraid to add neon to a holiday card but I love it and will probably make a couple more of each of these so I can have some sets.

 
The cards were really easy to make. I used the Christmas Cheer cartridge and simply lined up 4 ornaments (cut at 2.5) right around the 7 inch line on the X axis. I then laid the pre-cut card onto the cricut mat so that the front would be on the bottom when laid flat and simply cut. I then added some colored paper behind it, but once you have the design cut out the options are endless.. think shakers, leaving it see through, or even adding some different colors or textures behind the cut.

 
Here's a close view of that neon green one.. how fabulous right?!! One of the challenges was to use a neon color on a holiday card and another challenge was to use black cardstock. I absolutely love the black/neon color combination and feel like the black really showcases any bright colors.
 
So the 3 challenge which provided inspiration for these cards are as follows:
 

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment