Monday, September 22, 2014

Thinking of You Set of 5

Good Morning Monday! Thanks for joining me for another week full of cards, projects and more. Over the weekend I had a chance to throw together a set of 5 cards. A lot of the time I will find this great design and decide to quickly put together a bunch of cards using that design (think of an assembly line.) I did the same thing with these pretty little 3x3's and quickly realized this is a great idea for building up your stash or for a selling because it gives you the most bang for your buck.

With these cards I create two cards with a "thinking of you" sentiment, two cards with a "just because" sentiment and one thank you card. I initially had six cards but I ran out of that lovely maroon paper and had to switch that down to five - I didn't really mind too much since I am a bigger fan of odd numbers anyway and hey you can only do what you can do. I kept the sentiments and the color scheme pretty generic in hopes that these cards could work for a number of different occasions.

 
Because there was a lot of focus on the outside of the card I chose to keep the inside of the card blank. As many of you know I typically have a very clean and simple style so it was a little out of my comfort zone to mat and layer everything. However, I am very happy with the way these cards turned out.
 
The two patterned papers are matted onto a maroon heavy cardstock and joined together using a two inch strip of maroon (which is the solid color I chose to carry throughout the design.) I then cut out the ovals and the scalloped ovals using my Cricut and chose to stamp the sayings and the beautiful floral design on top of the gold paper with a red ink. Notice that by using the gold and maroon I was keeping with that beautiful color scheme from the pattern papers and these two colors could have easily been switched out to an orange and brown or even a brighter red - any two colors pulled from those patterns.  
 
I hope you enjoyed my cards today and please do come back later this week for some Holiday tags!
 
 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment