Follow Us @scrapshackdesigns

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Thanks a Melon Link Party

Happy Tuesday and welcome to another Pause, Dream, Enjoy Link Party! This week we are challenged to make a pun card. I was challenged with this theme because while I tend to be slightly sarcastic, puns are not often found in my vocabulary.

So after some thought and a little bit of research I came up with this lovely card.

 
Keeping to a clean and simple design I only used a little bit of extras on this one. The watermelons were cut by hand and the small sequins (or seeds) were the only flash added to those. I started the melons by making a whole one which I cut out and shaded and it looked good by itself but I did not like how it fit on the card, so I came up with these little slices instead. The watermelons could also be printed out or cut using your cutting machine.. again I was going simple so I just drew them up and cut them out.

The "Thanks a Melon" saying I wrote in free hand and then I outlined it with a simple cardboard frame. I am still learning how to use liquid glass (from CTMH) so I thought this would be a great place to try it out again and I covered the whole sentiment square with it to give it a small glass effect. Then I added a simple white button with some tied twine.

I also went back and forth with the background paper before I settle on this one. I think this one adds a lot of color and it reminded me a little bit of a picnic table cloth.

So another very easy card to throw together for our bi-monthly challenge. If you are interested in joining the Pun challenge feel free to jump on over to the PDE blog and join in. The challenge will end on Monday the 22nd.

 
 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment