Follow Us @scrapshackdesigns

Friday, September 26, 2014

Masculine Birthday Ship

The last card I want to showcase this week is a masculine birthday card that was made for my father in law. I enjoy the challenge that masculine cards bring to the table because often times you cannot add a ton of glitz, glam, and bright colors (which takes away about 90% of my cards). Like sympathy cards the tone of a masculine card is often muted and accessorizing can be challenging but think buttons and twine or even just a clean and simple focal point on a masculine colored paper.

For this card I knew that I wanted to use that ship stamp.. look at how amazing it is and I have not had the chance to use it yet so I thought this was the perfect chance. I decided to not add a ton of color just because I did not want to loose the detail of that ship. I also had a different layout in mind when heading into this project, but then I came across the Mojo Monday sketch and decided that I wanted to enter it into the challenge.


The star paper is another paper which I had on hand and thought I would try it out on this card. Looking back I would have just kept to the dark blue and not used the stars, but oh well, I suppose it works. I also wanted to add another pop of color so that the sentiment did not get lost in all those dark colors so I decided to use red. I had a little bit of trouble picking the right twine to match this card so following the red, white, and blue then I stuck with some white hemp cord.

Some more details about the challenges which I entered this card into:

Mojo Monday - Sketch Challenge
Paper Players - Masculine Birthday

Thanks for stopping by and I hope everyone has a safe and happy weekend! I also hope to see you back here on Monday for a Halloween goody box tutorial!

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment