Thursday, September 4, 2014

Holiday Present Card

As promised I have another card and some more challenges for you today. With the holidays fast approaching it's time to start building your stash of holiday cards and I started a few weeks ago and have high hopes of completing 1 a week until crunch time.
 
If you are like me then you could use a little inspiration for completing this mission (especially since the summer just ended) so with that in mind I found a few blogs that help. One of my favorite holiday blogs is Merry Monday where the designers challenge readers to make a holiday card every week. This week the inspiration was to make a card with some sort of present or gift on it and here is what I came up with.  
 
 
Here's a closer view of the presents, which were cut at random sizes (free hand) and then embossed and tied with some twine. I then added a small sentiment to the bottom of the card and layered the white on white.
 

So if you remember at the beginning of the post I did say that I had challengeS to share with you so my second inspiration for this week was the lovely designers over at CAS on Sunday where they challenged readers to use Black, White, and one color - which in my case was red. Because this second challenge was a CAS or clean and simple challenge I wanted to keep the card just that - Clean and Simple - and therefore the elegance and design comes mostly from the embossing.

So that is all I have for today, I hoped you were inspired. Make sure to hop on over to the challenges and submit your cards and I will see you back here tomorrow for my final two challenges of the week.

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment