Follow Us @scrapshackdesigns

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Flippin' Awesome Birthday

Happy Tuesday!! Welcome back to another Link Party over at Pause, Dream, Enjoy. Again with these link parties anything goes as long as you are following the theme for the week. So it doesn't matter if you scrapbook, make altered items, or showcase a card. The theme for this week is:

 
So any project with real or faux stitching on it can qualify. The challenge as always runs for two weeks so I always encourage people to get a project in to showcase.
 
For my card I decided to hold onto a little bit of summer before swinging fully into fall and I "stitched" up a beach themed birthday card.
 
 
The picture came out a little bright but I enjoyed making this card and I am very pleased with the final result. Everything was hand drawn and cut out..to make those beautiful green sandals pop I added some bright pink gems. I also used a little bit of a tearing technique to create "waves" in the water. Then for the card to fit the theme I dashed stitched around the outside and added a "Have a Flipping' birthday" sentiment to the inside.
 
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed my card for today.

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment