Follow Us @scrapshackdesigns

Friday, August 22, 2014

Just 4 You and some Challenges!

Happy Friday! I have a c&s card to share today which I have entered into a couple of challenges hosted by some lovely people.

The first challenge that caught my attention this week was the Paper Players blog where the design team challenged readers to create a clean and simple child's birthday card. I LOVE the clean and simple design and birthday's so I was all over the chance to build my birthday stash back up a little.  
 
http://thepaperplayers.blogspot.com/
 
The next challenge that I wanted to combine with the Paper Players one is the challenge offered over at  Poppy Sketches where they challenged you this week with a sketch and with some color.
 
 
 
So with those two challenges in mind I set out to make a child's birthday card, using the simple sketch, and those patriotic colors!! And here is what I came up with.
 

I used the create a critter 2 cartridge for the phrase and a white gel pen for the dotted borders. The inside carries over that stripped paper and has a "Happy Birthday" sentiment stamped and raised with 3-D foam tape. (So sorry that I could not get a good picture of the inside.)

Well I hope you enjoyed my post and that you come back next week for some more inspiration!

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment