Thursday, July 10, 2014

Post it note Tutorial

As promised I have a lovely and easy tutorial for everyone today. As I cruise through blog land I see a lot of new 3-D projects being made out of paper and it just holds to my theory that anything can be made from paper if you just put your mind to it. So I will start small and build to bigger and better things, or course all of which I will be sharing with you.

For today's post I have an easy post it note holder which in my case is set to hold a 5 x 3 1/2" stack of post it notes. You can of course adjust this size to fit the post it notes of your choice (who could have ever imagined that post its could come in so many different sizes and shapes!!)


As you can see I posted the holder with the weaving hearts card I made the other day. I thought it would be such a great little package to pass along to someone since I used the same paper products for both.

So the entire post it note holder measures 8 X 5 1/2" when you take the card stock and lay it down flat - we all have to start somewhere. I then scored the paper at 3 1/2" and 4 1/4" to create the middle crease where you will fold the front flap over the book to close it.


Make sure to note that prior to laying down the post it paper pack I looped a 5 1/2" piece of ribbon across the inside back cover to provide a place to hold a pen. You can see the yellow poking slightly out behind the pen.. this is meant to hold a pen so you always have one handy when you are ready to write up your notes. Genius right!!

I also added a quick pocket to the inside front cover because you never know when you are going to have spare pieces of paper which you will need to keep handy. This measures 5 X 3 1/4" and simply has a half circle punch in the middle to let everyone know its a pocket. You can also double this making it a 5 X 6 1/2" paper folded in half to add some thickness and stability.. for me the single layer was plenty.

Then of course I simply embellished the front and added the post it papers and I was all set to gift..or keep for grocery lists, blog challenges, or whatever else comes to mind.

Thanks for tuning in and I hope to see you back here next week for some more fun and crafting under the sun!

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment