Monday, June 23, 2014

Triple Stamped Layer Card Tutorial

Hello Monday! Thanks for joining me for another week of cards, lessons, and tips! Over the weekend I got a chance to work on making some new types of cards. I think that the stepper card last week really motivated me. Not to mention how fun it is to add a new element to card making.

This Tripe stamped card is a square standard vertical folded card with a base of 5 1/2" X 8 1/2" and it is actually quite easy to make.


  • First take three pieces of a solid color card stock (I used yellow) these pieces will become your base and mats and will be cut @ 8 1/2" X 5 1/2", 3 1/4" X 4 1/2", and 2 1/4" X 3 1/2".
  • Next we are going to make the top layer (in my card it was that cream/white color) this will be the layer that you stamp and will be cut @ 4 X 5 1/2", 3 X 4 1/4", and 2 X 3 1/4".
  • Next take all of your top layer pieces (the cream ones) and place them on top of each other (note only the white layers not the yellow layers) and then start stamping. The yellow or base layers will be left completely plain with no stamping. 
    • I chose to use a flourish stamp with the flowers already in the one stamp others choose to flourish and then add the flowers or use any other stamp really it does not have to be flourishes... this part is completely up to you so play around with different ideas and different stamps and find whatever suits you best.
    • A rule of thumb when "random stamping" is to keep the stamps in a triangular pattern so if you think of a equilateral triangle stamp the two corners then add the peak.  
  • Next I matted all of the top layers onto their matching bases and before putting the whole card together I took the two smallest sets and wrapped some twine and a button around them. Note that some people like to add 3-D tape to all of the layers to give the card some dimension, I chose to add it to the bottom layer and now looking back I should have added it to all layers. This again is completely up to you and the card looks great with or without the 3-D tape.
There you have it. Easy Peasy in just a few simple steps you can have a beautiful layered card. With this card I also brought the outside design into the card, see my picture.


That flourish stamp is the same stamp that I used on the outside. The paper is also the other side of my designed topper paper.. just so I did not add too many designs or elements.

 

Again I promise this is an easy card to make but if you have any questions feel free to contact me at jenileighdc@gmail.com

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment