Monday, June 16, 2014

Double Dose

Good Monday! I got a bug (and a list of sketches from My Favorite Things) and decided to put together two quick cards. The base was a factory made peach card with a white inside... it comes with a matching white and peach envelope as well! How spectacular right!

 
That gorgeous flower is actually from a paper pack and was hand cut out and placed onto the card using 3-D foam tape so it gives a little dimension to the card. The "Happy Birthday" is stamped onto an additional layer with a red ink.
 
The stork card came out so much better and took a little more time because the layout and all the layers were a slight challenge. There is an orange layer followed by a yellow (half circle) and then the vellum layer. On top of the layers I added the ribbon and those lovely flower buttons. The stork is a raised sticker and included the "special delivery bag."
 
I tend to keep to the clean and simple look so this card took me out of my comfort zone a little, but I am so happy with the outcome and feel as though it all came together so very well.
 
These cards are both in my store and you can head over and purchase them 2 for the price of 1 if you are interested and have any events coming up.
 
 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment