Follow Us @scrapshackdesigns

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Skylark is Back and Scrappy

As promised I saved the best for last and boy let me tell you that my lovely readers got me back in the scrap swing and boy did I love it! Sometimes when we are learning something new (in my case cards) you get very sidetracked and engulfed in it and forget that there are other things to do with paper... or at least that's my case. So anyway thanks for making me promise a scrap page because I had a blast running back down memory lane.

I decided to continue working on our vacation from last year. We took the Fourth of July week off and traveled out to Cape Cod for the first time. It was such a lovely, relaxing, and close to home vacation that I recommend it for anyone who lives in the Northeast (or anyone in general.) For me the cape offered a wonderful and classic New England feel with of course excellent sea food and some sunset whale watching (jealous.. because it was completely worth it.)

So the page I worked on this week was of our whale watching tour. I took my (then) 2 year old and we all had such a wonderful time. Here take a peak:


 
This was material from the skylark scrapbooking kit which is offered through my CTMH site. I have discussed this line before and how lovely it is. This is the same line as this card but it is the reverse side of it. So for the price of one you actually get two completely different feels and colors, but as you can see the blue side and the yellow can easily go together. All the accessories are also front the skylark line.
 
The layout was also scraplifted from the skylark alternate layout (located on the back of the instructions.) So if you have never purchased a Workshop on the go from CTMH you don't know what you are in for. When you pick up the kit you get all the paper for 2 complete layouts (4 pages) as well as accessories and a stamp set that matches the paper line. This is a very affordable pick up and you get so many materials for a very low price. Seriously check it out here. So aside from all that material you also get a step by step instruction book with the main layout and then an alternative layout - which is what this came from. 
 
You can also check out the Reflections How to Book which offers 100 different layouts. This is great for beginners and those of us who need a little inspiration once in a while.
 
I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! I'll see you back on Monday.


 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment