Friday, May 23, 2014

Edgy Metalic Skylark

Happy Friday! I have a quick card for you today. This card gave me a lot of trouble, which always seems to be the case when I try to follow sketches. I wanted to find a use for those beautiful embellishments (from CTMH) but they are a little out of my average comfort zone so I decided to make them a metallic focal point. Looking back reversing the cream and the green would have made them stand out a little bit more but I fixed and re-did this card over a dozens times and I was finally happy with the outcome so I decided not to mess with it anymore.  I hope I am not the only one who has days/projects that you just want to throw out the window.



Again overall I am happy with this card. I feel as though the metallic match the stamped imager of "you and me" at the bottom. I also love the skylark paper background that makes the base of the card. If you are interested in any materials that I used making this card they can all be found in my Close to My Heart shop.

Enjoy your weekend!

P.S. Don't forget to stop on over to Pause, Dream, and Enjoy and link up with the Bug Challenge you have one more week.

 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment