Thursday, May 15, 2014

Cherish This

I have realized after drumming up a pinterest board (I LOVE that site!!) and getting further into my card making skills that I love the clean and simple designs. They are exactly that clean and simple and I think they come out so lovely. I also love the use of color and for todays card I combined both color and a C&S design and came up with the following.

 
This card combines the Color My Heart Color Dare #93 which uses the colors Cranberry, Honey, Juniper, and Twilight. I also entered this card into the My Craft Spot Challenge 137 which is to use an inking technique. The inking technique I used was to ink around the edges of the "Cherish This" to give it a distressed look. This technique is very easy and is applied by simply sliding the edges in the ink (very slightly) and then I dip the corners of the paper a little further into the ink.
 
Make sure to head on over and take part on those blogs and challenges. There are all such wonderful inspiration when looking for something new to do and I always feel like a challenge is just that and brings me outside my comfort zone a little whether it's using colors I would have never put together or trying out a new technique.
 
 photo JeniLeigh3_zps1223d877.jpg
Post a Comment